Documentation for Physical Disabilities, Chronic Health Conditions or Temporary Injuries
Students should submit the following information from their health care provider to the Access Center.
- Diagnosis of the disability/health condition (may not be necessary for permanent visible disabilities, whose impact is readily apparent).
- A description of the current impact or limitations of the disability/health condition, focusing on barriers in the student’s educational and/or housing environment, if student lives on campus.
- A discussion of whether the disability/health condition is permanent or temporary
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the permanent disability over time.
- If temporary, please provide information on the expected duration of the disability/health condition and timeline for re-evaluation
- Side effects of medication on the student's ability to meet the demands of the postsecondary environment (physical, perceptual, behavioral, or cognitive).
- Optional: Suggestions of academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids with supporting evidence may be included. The final determination for providing appropriate academic adjustments and auxiliary aids rests with the WSU Pullman Access Center.
Documentation should be from a qualified healthcare provider and include:
- Contact information
- License number
- Signature or electronic signature
Disability and medical information received is confidential under FERPA and is not shared except where disclosure is required by law or is necessary to facilitate legitimate University processes, including granting appropriate accommodations, addressing direct threats, or investigating claims or charges.
Questions or concerns regarding documentation requirements can be directed to our staff at 509-335-3417 or email@example.com.
Documentation may be uploaded directly into their Application [MyAccess application], emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 509-335-8511 (confidential fax), or mailed:
217 Washington Building
PO Box 642322
Pullman, WA 99164-2322